Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

YEAR 8 OPEN DAY

Arriving to Tamaki College was scary. We waited in front of the tech block until Mr Moses led us to the Tamaki College Library to have free time before we had to assemble in the auditorium. It made me realise that I will soon be here next year and as more and more students from other intermediates appeared I got even more nervous.

All the year eights from Glenbrae and also other near intermediates were seated and we were then spoken to by a lady named Mrs Moore. Everyone was split into groups that had 2 student leaders from Tamaki College for each. I was put in a group named PEM and my leaders were John, head boy of Tamaki College and a year nine named Junior.

My first class was music with Mr Telefoni. We played games about different kinds of sounds. We had to create beats with different genres and using some of the instruments in the class. It was a really good experience in music and made me think of taking this class next year.

For the rest of the day I had more exciting classes such as Social Studies, Science, Maths and English. I also met teachers at Tamaki College that I will probably see again next year.

The Tamaki College Catering class provided us with morning tea and lunch. I also got to socialize with the other students from different schools and I hope that I see them again.



Year 8 open day was a great experience because I got a little understanding of what college is like. It made me realise that I will soon be here next year which frightens me but I am still so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment