Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Cricket

This morning room 10 had our 3rd cricket lesson. Our cricket instructor was a guy named Matt. When we first got there we played a game of octopus. Ilalio was the tagger in our first game of octopus.  Then the first person got out was a tagger with him then the next. So then we had 3 taggers that could move and were the actual taggers. I was one of the last four standing, but then I was tagged by one of the taggers. We had another game of octopus and I got out earlier this time in this game.

Next Bono split room 10 into two groups. Group one, and Group two. I was in group one. Kyana from our team and Alisi from group two played rock, paper, scissors. Alisi won, she had gotten paper and Kyana got rock. So our team was fielding.

We were doing good fielding, and everyone who was batting were very good too. Some were really really good. Then the opposite team, Group one had finished batting. They finished with a total score of 20.

It was finally our turn to have a go with the bat. We all had our turn. It came to my turn I was very nervous. I took the bat and hit it Pewh I hit the ball it never went so far but I got there in time to take another hit. this hit I never got so Matt called out strike one. Then I took another hit and missed again. Matt called out strike two and I was out. I wasn't really embarrassed that I got out because everyone was very supportive against everyone. Then it was the rest of team on to have a go. When we had finished we finished with a total of 19 points, 1 point away from group twos. So we lost and team two had came first. Group two weren't all that mad. We were alright, but we would have been much happier if we won.
Today was very fun and we all worked as a team, and encourage everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment